Branding your podcast is really important for it to stand out and attract new listeners.
Depending on your genre, there may be hundreds or even thousands of other podcasts for a listener to choose from.
The question is how can you grab their attention and get them to subscribe?
There are two areas where you can apply good branding principles to make your podcast stand out.
- Visual Branding – the main thing is your cover image. Having a nice graphic that is inline with your existing branding and the theme of the podcast, will get the potential listener to stop and click. Study the images used by others in your genre and see how you can create a compelling custom image.
The same thing can be done for individual episodes. In addition, things like social media graphics or web graphics can be created for promotional use.
- Messaging – the main thing here is the name and description of the podcast.
These need to be relevant to the audience and also be search friendly so that it is likely to show up in search results on Apple podcasts and other platforms.
In addition to the above you may want to come up with music, sound effects, and a specially recorded into and outro.
Let’s take a look at some options for getting visual identity these done.
- Create a cover image and other graphics
- Hire a graphic designer
- Use Canva, Glorify or another design app
- Intro/outro and music
- Use a stock music library such as artist.io or other royalty-free music
- Get custom music
- Use a voiceover artist from a freelancing site
Need extra help?
Check out the resources I have on futurestepscreative.com including online training and ongoing support, to help you build and grow your website and audience with content marketing.