One of the best ways to get new website visitors and to grow your brand and get leads is to start a blog for your business.
The idea is that you will have lots of content on your website and blog which shows that you are an expert or an authority in your field and by doing this you partner with search engines such as Google, which wants to show relevant content in the search results to its users.
In this post, I cover the benefits of blogging for business, why you should start blogging for your business and provide you with some tips on how you can start a blog today.
What’s a blog?
Quite a few people are not quite sure about what a blog actually is, or have some misconceptions around blogging. So to address this, before we jump into the tips on how to get started, let’s take a look at what a blog is all for those who are not quite sure.
- A blog is a type of website that publishes diary-style text-based content to provide information, commentary, or discussion
- Blogs consist of special pages referred to as posts. These are displayed in reverse date order
- A blog can be its own separate entity or it can be attached to a traditional website
The Benefits of a Blog
There are a number of ways by which your business could benefit from having a blog. Below, we’ll take a look at some of the benefits of having a blog for your business, and see how that helps to bring in visitor traffic to your website, and help convert those visitors into Leads.
- Search discovery: Blog posts are typically found by search engines such as Google when someone searches on a particular topic
- Establish authority: Blog posts can help educate your audience and show your expertise
- Flexible publishing: The content can be a mixture of text, photos, and other media such as videos or infographics which makes the content more effective
- Easy to update: Posts can be edited or updated easily
Starting Your Blog
Now that you understand the benefits of having a blog for your business, let’s now driving to some tips for starting your business log.
- I recommend using a WordPress website for your blog as it has all the features you’ll need. You need to setup the various archive pages such as your blog home and categories
- Identify the topics that are most relevant to your business or subject area that you can write about. Keep things on topic and match it back to an end goal
- Research the competition to get ideas and see how you can fill gaps that haven’t been covered at all or covered very well
- It is one of the best ways to publish content for search engines (and users) to discover your website
- It can help show your expertise and build trust
- You can get started more easily compared to other types of content publishing
Need additional help and support?
Check out the resources I have on futurestepscreative.com including online training and ongoing support, to help you build and grow your website and audience with content marketing.